Bennett & West, PLLC provides professional and personal legal services for Stokes and Surry Counties, North Carolina. The firm also handles some matters — including real estate, estate planning and probate — in Forsyth and surrounding Counties. We understand that every situation is different, and that each client has different needs and goals. Our team works hard to craft a personalized plan designed to address the individual needs of each client. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff work closely with our attorneys to meet the individual goals of our clients.
Our practice areas include:
Corporate / Business
Initial formation of LLC or corporation including, for example:
- filing with the NC Secretary of State’s office
- drafting articles of organization
- obtaining tax ID's
- corporate notebooks
Read more about our corporate / business practice ...
Civil Litigation / General Matters
- Boundary line disputes
- Real estate partitions
- Challenges to wills (caveat)
- Elective share disputes
- Contract review
- Fiduciary litigation (i.e. trusts and power of attorney breaches; business and partnership disputes)
Read more about our civil litigation / general law practice ...
Criminal Law / Traffic Law
- Misdemeanor and felony defense
- DWI/DUI defense
- All drug-related defense
- Domestic violence and related charges
- No-contact orders
- Drivers' license restoration/driving privileges
- DMV hearings
- Speeding tickets/traffic infractions
- Sex offense defense
- Removal from sex offense registry
Read more about our criminal / traffic law practice ...
Domestic / Family Law
- Separation agreements
- Pre-marital agreements
- Child custody
- Child support
- Post-separation support and alimony
- Equitable distribution
- Qualified domestic relations orders (QDRO)
- Modification of custody and child support orders
- Termination of parental rights
- Grandparent’s rights
- CPS defense/DSS matters
- Uncontested divorce
Read more about our domestic / family law practice ...
Estate Planning & Estate Administration
- Powers of attorney
- Health care powers of attorney
- Minor trusts
- Probate and administration of decedent’s estate
- Trust administration
Read more about our estate planning and probate practice ...
Personal Injury / Wrongful Death
- Serious, debilitating, or life-threatening injury or accident resulting in a life-altering condition
- Death of a loved one from an accident
Read more about our personal injury / wrongful death practice ...
- Residential and commercial closings for buyers and sellers
- Deed preparation
- Easement preparation
- Title searches
- Purchase contract preparation
- Lease drafting
- Owner financing document preparation
- Property bonds
Read more about real estate law practice ...
Contact Us for More Information
We invite you to contact us for more information about our areas of practice and how we can help you.